Looking around my house and particulaily my pantry this morning, I realized that I have the weirdest items keeping my home more organized (I'd say just "organized", but that wouldn't be true!) I thought that some of these are great ideas, so here I go:
1. The box your case of KD comes in I use these to organize several items, but mostly in my pantry. The are open on the sides, but still hold prepackaged noodles, seasonings, soup mixes, flavoured rice packets, etc
2. Wire shoe rack Rather then purchase an expensive bookeshelf or other shelving unit, I moved my wire shoe rack upstairs and have places baskets and containers on it holding all my business supplies
3. Plastic Baskets I purchased several of these in different sizes at the Dollar Store thorghout the years. I use them to store bathroom items (the water leaks out the bottom so items dry) I also use them on my desk to hold pens, pencils, post its, bills to be paid, etc. I have a "baking basket" in my pantry to keep all my baking supplies together so I can just grab the basket when I want to make something, not carry individual items, as well as my Tassimo discs, drink mixes, etc, each have their own basket so I can grab what I want and choose my flavour :)
4. Shoe Boxes I've started using shoe boxes to hold paperwork. It can be written right on the box what year it is from, and they stack easily. Another alternative is large envelopes, but as I like to keep my address book and old organizer/daily planner each year, I find the boxes hold better and last longer.
These are also great for sorting childrens small toys. Simply print a picture of the type of toy that goes in it (ie blocks) and they can find the box and put them away themselves.
5. Large Margerine Containers I use these for EVERYTHING!! Storing art projects, storing craft supplies, small toys (they can see through them so it's easy to find what you want) pasta bucekts (kids will play with pasta and a spoon or cup for hours), store school work by the year, including anything they made you want to keep, carrying cupcakes and cookies...the possibilitites are endless!!
I hope that some of these ideas are helpful for some. I lvoe to organize but the cost of containers keeps going